It’s 2 days before Christmas and you still have shopping to do. You’ve done a bunch of shopping online, but you still have to get a couple last minute gifts.
Here is the 2019 edition of some great local small businesses that you can visit to find that special gift. This is not a comprehensive list, each of these major shopping areas have dozens of other shops and stores for you
Please call ahead or visit their websites for opening hours.
West Palm Beach’s first shopping district, now beautifully restored to its former glory with dozens of retail stores, and eateries. Here are some of my favorites.
- Day by Day Shoppe (561) 623-9353 – Opened up in February 2016 to bring a unique shop that offers new, up-cycled, repurposed, vintage items. Offering jewelry, home decor, unique gifts, seasonal items and more. https://www.facebook.com/mydaybydayshoppe/
- Circa WHO (561) 655-5224 – Circa Who is an UPSCALE RESALE SHOP founded in 2004 located in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our passion is the hunt and we LOVE to buy so we price to sell. We find new homes for FABULOUS furnishings. Our furnishings are circa 20th century from Mid Century Modern to Hollywood Regency meets vintage Palm Beach.
- Stone Button Studio (561) 313-6910 – Stone Button Studio is a fun space stocked with hand made gift ideas, vintage treasures and favorite finds. For you, your home or gifts… vintage home design, stones and sea glass, wall decor and original art, vintage furniture, salvage yard, a must see. https://stonebuttonstudio.com/
- Row House Shop (561) 833-1888 – Luxedaily described a visit to Row House as “like stepping inside the most lovingly curated flea market. Situated in the artsy Northwood Village section of West Palm Beach, the charming home store, owned by husband-and-wife team Paige and Tyler Jackson, is stocked with an equal mix of vintage finds and handmade goods from around the world.” http://rowhouseshop.com/
Both in the Clematis Street area and the newly redesigned Rosemary Square, there are plenty of places downtown you can pop into and check out. Here are a couple of my favorites.
- Picnic Fashion – 561-328-7983 – 425 S. Olive Avenue – Picnic Fashion offers a unique collection of picnic baskets, colorful melamine picnic-ware, accessories and gifts. The fun retro vibe is enhanced by a curated collection of vintage barware and linens from the 1940’s – 1960’s. For the home, for the bar, for the boat, and for you, Becky invites you to enter the world of Picnic Fashion and make your own memories. Life is a picnic! Are you ready? http://www.picnicfashion.com/
- The Garden Shoppe – 561.410.6632 – Rosemary Square – a pop-up concept by Palm Beach Farmyards, is retail garden shop that offers locally grown produce, edible plants, and weekly workshops and events, all curated and run by Master Gardener Mike Kane and artist Sarah LaPierre. December 23rd & 24th they are doing free bow wrapping on live plants. More info here
- Pioneer Linens – (800) 207 5463 at 210 Clematis Street – Pioneer Linens, family owned, over 100 years old, and still as hip as ever! “A trailblazer in the industries of fine linens, custom bedding design and couture bath accessories,” Stop in on Clematis Street and shop for something truly special. Make sure you follow Pioneer Linens on Instagram and join them in one of their regular trunk shows.
- Back on the Rack – (561) 835-0006 – 219 S Olive Ave – The freshest and friendliest Designer, Thrift and Vintage store in the Palm Beach area! Conveniently located downtown West Palm Beach, we carry a wonderful curated mix of Designer, Contemporary, Fashion Forward and True Vintage.
- Kismet Vintage – (561) 865-7895 – 540 Clematis Street – Located on the historic 500 block of Clematis Street Kismet Vintage sells vintage clothing. Great place to find one-of-a-kind gifts.
- Bechtel Jewelers – (561) 655-8255 – 410 Evernia Street – From Clematis to Datura and now to Evernia Street, we’ve been serving Downtown West Palm Beach’s families and businesses since 1930. We’re third-generation jewelers tracing our roots back to Iowa with Herman John Bechtel, a watchmaker 100 years ago. Proud to be American Gem Society Members and happy to support the American manufacturing jewelry industry. https://www.facebook.com/bechteljewelers/
- Provident Jewelry – (561) 833-7755 – 331 Clematis Street – Our flagship location on Clematis Street in Downtown West Palm Beach is home to Provident Jewelry’s history. As the first store more than 23 years ago, it holds beautiful estate pieces, iconic brands and fine luxury Swiss made watches.
Honorable mention to Sur La Table – (561) 473-3346 – It’s not exactly a small local business, but the newly opened store in Rosemary Square is one of the hottest places for gifts right now.
S. Dixie HWY between Belvedere & Southern
Antique Row is not just the place for 17th – 20th century antique shopping. The very walkable mile-long stretch of small businesses has plenty for everyone at any price point.
See a list of all Antique Row stores here.
- The Nearly New Shop (561) 655-3230 – 3611 S. Dixie Hwy – A great place to shop for one-of-a-kind clothing, housewares, furniture and other items. Come in and check out our Women’s/Men’s Designer Clothing, Handbags, Shoes and Accessories.
- Heath & Company (561) 833-0880 – 3707 S Dixie Hwy – Vintage and new lighting store offering unique and one-of-a-kind chandeliers, sconces, and lamps. Also lots of other cool finds. https://www.heathlighting.com/
- Coastal Girls Co. (561) 619-5389 – 3508 S. Dixie Hwy From basics to the little black dress, we have what you need to accommodate the Palm Beach lifestyle. Visit and experience the clothing, accessories, and gifts that resonate living life in paradise! The Coastal Girls Co., where you come as a guest and leave as a friend. https://coastalgirlsco.com/
- Floral Emporium (561) 659-9888 – 3900 S. Dixie Hwy – An Interior/exterior showroom of home and garden decor. The interior is a masterful display of permanent florals, plants and home accessories. http://floralemporiumonline.com/
The Warehouse District is a trendy food & shopping location at 1500 Elizabeth Avenue. Lots to see and do – get a bite to eat or a drink while you’re shopping.
- Quinn – (561) 313-5675 – 1401 Clare Ave – You can’t miss this store as you walk through Grandview Market. It’s open any time of the day, and offers a variety of cute and practical “gifts, home goods & pretty paper!”.
- Gypsy Life Surf Shop – (561) 313-5675 – 1401 Clare Ave, Suite 300 – This is the place to go to find something special for your free spirited friend, and your friends who you think need a little more fun in their lives. As you wander through this beautifully laid out store, you’ll pass a 1972 VW Westfalia Van (which I am sure has stories to tell), visit a tent, and hang out by the beach.
- Elizabeth Ave. Station – email@example.com – 1500-C Elizabeth Ave – The Station is an event driven retail market, music venue, and beer and wine bar focused on music, art, and design. We desire to support the local talent in South Florida by providing them with a space to showcase their passions.