In celebration of the Fourth Annual Great Give, 45 participating nonprofits will literally take over CityPlace. The plaza and surrounding areas will be filled with arts and crafts, animals for adoption, dancers, performers, live music, information and most importantly, easy ways to give to the nonprofit(s) of your choice. CityPlace businesses joining in the fun include BurgerFi, Cabo Flats, Capitol One Café, Charming Charlie’s, City Tap, Jamba Juice, Miami Grille and Panera.
Below is a listing of the nonprofits that will have performances or other visuals throughout the day:
- 10am-12pm Loggerhead Marine Life. Meet Mascot Fletch! Plus, turtle and marine life and displays!
- 10am-5pm Educational Gallery Group Hands on art Projects!
- 10am-6pm Forgotten Florida Felines Kittens and cats for adoption!
- 10am-7pm Center for Child Counseling Bubbles, activities and yoga (10:30)!
- 10am-9pm Digital Vibez Emceeing, DJ-ing and providing live dance performances all day!
- 11am-2pm Furry Friends Animals for adoption!
- 11am-3pm Peggy Adams Animals for adoption!
- 11am-3pm Tri-County Animal Rescue Animals for adoption!
- 1pm-4pm Caridad Center Health and dental care demos!
- 3pm-5pm Alliance for Eating Disorders Positive body image presentation!
- 3pm-6pm ERAF Gift basket enter to win!
- 3pm-7pm Poverello Free fresh fruit and juice!
- 3pm-9pm Glades Historical Society Live painting demo at 3pm!
- 3pm-9pm Martin Luther King Coordinating Committee, Inc Musical Performance:
- 3pm Performance:
- 4pm Award Winner, Kindergartner, 5-year-old Derron Alvin Blake, Jr. will recite the “Dr. King “I Have A Dream” Speech!
- 4pm-7pm Big Dog Ranch Rescue Dogs for adoption!
- 4pm-7pm Holy Ground Shelter for Homeless, Inc. Client singing Performance at 5pm!
- 4pm-9pm Seagull Industries Magic Trick Performance at 6pm!
- 4:30pm-9pm Save A Pet Florida, Inc. Animals for adoption and meet mascot, Scooby Doo!
- 5pm-7pm Resource Depot Arts & crafts using environmentally friendly items!
Sponsors of Great Give Palm Beach & Martin Counties include: Alpha Media; CBS12 News WPEC, CityPlace; Covelli Enterprises, a franchisee of Panera Bread; Evelyn & Arthur; First Bank of the Palm Beaches; FPL; Hartlines Custom Interior Workroom; Idea Bar; Kendra Scott; Leila Restaurant; Lexis Nexis; Modernizing Medicine; Mutual of America; NCCI; O’Donnell Agency; Phil-com; RSM; Sweet Boo Design and Tracey Benson Photography.
Anyone can give on May 17 by visiting GreatGiveFlorida.org or by calling 1-844-GIVE-DAY. Follow #GreatGive17 on social media for updates.
1. Mother’s Day Brunch
Mother’s Day Brunch at Bowery Coastal
Enjoy brunch with us on Mother’s Day, and mom will receive a complimentary glass of champagne. Call 561-420-8600 for reservations. Bowery Coastal is located at 550 S. Rosemary Ave., West Palm Beach, FL 33401.
Mother’s Day Brunch at Copper Blues
Bring mom to Copper Blues this Mother’s Day and enjoy brunch from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. There will be a bottomless build-your-own bloody Mary bar and bottomless mimosas, as well as a complimentary mimosa for all mothers. Prepare to savor the bottomless chocolate fountain with delicious dippables. Copper Blues is located at 550 S. Rosemary Ave., West Palm Beach, FL 33401. Call (561) 404-4101 for more information.
Mother’s Day Brunch at Brio
There are so many reasons to celebrate moms, and BRIO Tuscan Grille locations are offering many special dishes to make this holiday memorable. Choose from the Frittata Al Forno, Berries & Cream French Toast, Sicilian Omelette and many more. Brio will open early at 10 a.m. and dishes will be available until 3 p.m. For more information, call (561) 835-1511. Brio is located at 550 S Rosemary Ave, West Palm Beach, FL 33401.
Sunday Brunch Tunes: Mother’s Day
Celebrate Mother’s Day at The A.M. Shift and enjoy live music by the talented Jordan Laurenti. Join us from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. For more information, visit www.theblindmonk.com. The Blind Monk is located at 410 Evernia Street, No. 107
Mother’s Day at Pistache
Enjoy a 3 course Prix Fixe Brunch Menu from 11a-3p for $65 per person. All moms will receive a complimentary Mimosa, Bellini, Bloody Mary, or house glass of wine. For more information, visit www.pistachewpb.com. Pistache is located at 101 N Clematis St.
Mother’s Day Brunch at Bistro Ten Zero One
Celebrate Mom at Bistro Ten Zero One this Mother’s Day, May 14, and enjoy a delectable brunch buffet with all of her breakfast and lunch favorites — plus unlimited mimosas and sparkling wine. Brunch will be served between noon and 4 p.m., with seatings at noon and 2 p.m. Cost is $45 for adults and $22 for children under 12. Highlights on the menu include: Omelet Station, Belgian Waffle Station, a Raw Bar, Charcuterie, Carved Prime Rib and Roasted Turkey, Purple Potato Mash, a Kid’s Station and more. Reservations are required via opentable.com or by calling (561) 833-1234. Bistro Ten Zero One is located at 1001 Okeechobee Blvd.
Mother’s Day Brunch at ER Bradley’s
Offering 3 special seatings at: 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm Reservations highly recommended. Call: 561-833-3520.
Hilton West Palm Beach – Mother’s Day Brunch
Celebrate Mom with a memorable brunch at Hilton West Palm Beach. Choose indoor or alfresco seating and indulge in a delicious buffet of surf & turf, fresh made pastries, grill specialties, bottomless beverages options and more. Make this Mother’s Day one to remember!
$69 per adult
$25 kids under 10
Make your reservations by calling 561-231-6091!
Mother’s Day at City Cellar
Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Nothing says “We Love You, Mom” more than a beautiful brunch with the family. Plus, kids under 10 eat free from the kid’s menu with the purchase of a regular entrée! Join us May 14th from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm. For more information, call (561) 366-0071. City Cellar is located at 700 S Rosemary Ave., West Palm Beach, FL 33401.
Mother’s Day at the Regional
Celebrate Mom with Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet at The Regional Thank mom this year with our Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet. Sunday, May 14th from 11:00am -3:00pm. $65 per person. For more information, call (561) 557-6460. The Regional is located at 651 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach, Florida 33401.
2. Mother’s Day Weekend at Whitehall
Join us Saturday, May 13, 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., or Sunday, May 14, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. for Mother’s Day Tea at the Flagler Museum. The celebration of Mother’s Day began during the Gilded Age, when in May of 1914 Congress established Mother’s Day as a National Holiday. In the spirit of this tradition, the Flagler Museum invites all Mothers and their families to enjoy an elegant Mother’s Day Tea at the Café des Beaux-Arts. Tickets are $30 for Museum Members, $50 for non-members, $20 for Children under age 12. In honor of Mother’s Day, each mother will receive a special flower corsage. For more information, visit www.flaglermuseum.us. The Flagler Museum is located at Whitehall Way.
3. The Sound of Music at the Kravis Center
Tuesday, May 9 through Sunday, May 14
“The hills are alive” again in this brand new production of THE SOUND OF MUSIC, directed by three-time Tony Award® winner Jack O’Brien and hailed by the Los Angeles Times as “Sparkling, fresh and lively.” The beloved musical story of Maria and the von Trapp Family will once again thrill audiences with its Tony®, Grammy® and Academy Award® winning Best Score, including “My Favorite Things,” “Edelweiss” and the title song. This family favorite enjoyed extraordinary success as a live television production when “The Sound of Music Live!” aired on NBC in December, 2013 and was seen by over 44 million people. 2015 marked the 50th anniversary of the film version, which continues to be the most successful movie musical in history. Show times vary. Tickets start at $29. For more information, visit www.kravis.org. The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts is located at 701 Okeechobee Blvd.
4. Mother’s Day Saturday Art Walk
Palm Beach Outlets is giving shoppers even more choices for Mother’s Day gifts this weekend with an Art Market featuring vendors with original art and handmade goods. They are offering gift items that include jewelry, home décor, one-of-a-kind merchandise and more to celebrate mom. In addition, there will be a pop-up beer garden along with live music.
The artists include:
- The Valley of Art – jewelry and hair accessories
- Baaba’s Jule – handmade jewelry
- WhinyCat – toys and gifts
- Individual Creations – handmade recycled clothing
- Maison Concept – home décor
- Haio Design – clothing and jewelry
- Cabrera’s Creations – home décor
- Elysian Custom Crafts – handmade string art
- Slevworks – paintings
- Rolly Top Art – pet caricature/artist
- Brushed in Bold – art
- Silla Dilla Grape – handmade jewelry
- Enigmatik Designs – handmade jewelry, clothing and décor
- Shop Anomalous – repurposed vintage apparel and handmade accessories
- Cru Supply – uniquely, handmade, vintage fashion
When: 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Sat., May 13
Where: Palm Beach Outlets, 1751 Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard, West Palm Beach
5. Paint a masterpiece at Uptown Art
$25 Mother’s Day -Sunflowers with a Cupcake to Enjoy!
All attendees will be given a specialty cupcake to enjoy while painting your masterpiece. This class will last between 2 and 2 1/2 hours and begin at 12pm. Once you arrive at the studio, seating is first come, first serve. $25 to participate. All classes are BYOB, feel free to bring food and drink to enjoy while you paint. Uptown art is located at 510 Evernia Street. For more information, visit:
6. CityPlace Mother’s Day Garden Party
CityPlace will be celebrating mothers with live music from 1 – 5 p.m., artisan flowers, strolling entertainment and photo opportunities. Shop with mom and get a FREE $10 gift card when you spend $75 or more at CityPlace Shops. For more information, visit http://www.CityPlace.com.